Sunday, May 19, 2013

Conclusion



To successfully organize an exhibit one must have a strong central theme if they want to use different artists. I decided I wanted to do something completely different from the normal paint-on-canvas approach to art and decided to choose the funkiest theme I could think of; bodily fluids, wastes, and parts. Disgusting? Yes. Interesting? Definitely. I first just started with the bodily fluids, but after seeing too many urine, and blood pieces, I expanded a bit. I then extended my idea to wastes (stool and mucus) and to parts (hair). To be completely honest, some of these pieces made me want to yack, but I appreciate their creativity and courage to further dive into the art making process, and show the world that art does not need to be made by conventional methods. 




I enjoyed this assignment even more due to the fact that I want to receive my Bachelor of Art History/Administrative Studies and become a museum curator. This assignment allowed me to see how to make an idea transcend into an actual exhibition. It also allowed me to judge how different artist’s and their work’s personalities would work together for a common theme. Having 10 different artists and 10 different pieces come together for one show was a challenge at first. I had to decide the variety of media I wanted to use and what type of artwork, and research artists who fit those criteria. In the end however, I believe I successfully brought all of these pieces together to work toward my idea for this exhibit, no matter how crappy some may be (Pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment